That being said, I do have some orphaned redwork blocks lying around waiting to be included in a project. Some of these blocks are from the time before I used pencil. &, yes, they were discolored, possibly due to the blue transfer pen. Oh, what to do...
The answer: tea dye them!
|I used loose tea, but tea bags are just as effective|
|Brew the tea with hot water, but steep longer than you would for your cuppa|
|Discolored redwork blocks I decided to tea dye|
|Pour the brewed tea on the blocks using a clean baking dish|
|I placed block upon block in the dish and added more tea as needed|
|Tea dyeing in progress|
|Squeezing out the hot tea. Cold tea can be used for a less intense color.|
|Rinsing the blocks with cold water|
|After rinsing, the blocks head to the dryer for 30 mins.|
|Fresh from the dryer|
|Tea dyed blocks made into small pillows.|